Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Fresno? Generally, you should consider three significant sectors of your property for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. While your installation team can advise where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would try to casually stroll through the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other risks to deal with. A doorbell camera is ideal to tackle these types of concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you are able to converse with people who walk up and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may respond to each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a visitor begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell automatically record a clip and deliver it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging undertaking. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Fresno home offer a large viewing angle, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Just below an eave or straight into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partially hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a patio or back door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any bushes or tree limbs that could obscure the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Fresno. But the additional flexibility does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window can cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to a watchtower, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookshelves or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system won’t be able to protect you if anything happens to it. Set your devices in a spot where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or a different method to secure them to ensure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if you have a decorative item or plant blocking the view. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to cloak your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (559) 212-3897 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.