Today's home security solutions have become more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to neglect to complete easy security duties like turning on your home security, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these things again? With geofencing in Fresno, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Fresno For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you may arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to deduce when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto the same network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries around your property and assign particular actions as you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you may program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are some of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Fresno. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to set the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Fresno
Whether you seek additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our representatives today at (559) 212-3897 or send in the following form to begin customizing your ideal security system.