How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Fresno
Security cameras can easily be used as a warning—a sign that informs burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras are outfitted with an array of additions all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these tools help you to get the most from home security cameras in Fresno.
How To Set Up Your Fresno Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your security cameras at the perfect points around your living space is the right place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your patio, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Fresno. The additions described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your mobile device the instant strange activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start filming when movements are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to film and save clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with people through the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to secure single locations within your home.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Fresno is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (559) 212-3897 or complete the form below to start building your home security system today.