What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Fresno
You know you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you store your possessions. But what is the right type of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading choices you must make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Fresno and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a professional monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at all times. Whenever a window sensor trips or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring specialists get an immediate notification. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the proper emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional support. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you must respond to resolve it. This choice is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Fresno
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your phone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and seamless integration: By getting equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless people would rather have the job taken care of by skilled professionals, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This will be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Fresno
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: DIYers could consider this a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra charge. Others may prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to install components when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you want assistance during an installation, you may have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Fresno
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Fresno from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the ideal solution for your family. Contact (559) 212-3897 today to customize your package.